December 12, 2022
What a great time to be a Burton Panther!!!
Welcome to the Burton Independent School District weekly update. Bond Project information will beshared as it pertains to the planning and construction of our new facilities. The Re-Bid Request for Proposals of Campus Improvement Items will be approved @ a special board meeting on Thursday, December 15, 2022 @ 6:00 p.m. in the Burton ISD Library. Please contact Project Manager Stad Tomlinson with DSA Inc. Construction Management @ (817) 645-8864 or Antonio Naylor, Architect with Reliance Architecture @ (512) 758-7660, extension-11 if further information is needed related to the upcoming construction process. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the building project. Come join us this week for the Elementary Christmas Program on Thursday, December 15th @ 9:00 a.m. in the Burton Elementary Gym. The students always help us get into the Christmas spirit with lively singing and dancing! This week school will have an early release on Friday, December 16th for the Holiday Break. Students return on Wednesday, January 4th for 2023. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
As we move into the 2nd semester of the school year, the following key initiatives in creating a track record for transforming our school system to the next level of achievement can be noted:
- Recognize that the challenges students and families face show up in school.
- Develop a shared vision and strategy between the school and the community.
- Mobilize community stakeholders and resources to share responsibility for student success.
- Align the community expectations with the district’s strategic plan.
- Transform the district’s culture through dedicated staffing, organizational change, and building knowledge and capacity for implementation.
- Help district leaders become school champions.
- Communicate the vision for our schools and commitment to our students.
- Support sustainable financing through aligning and leveraging resources.
- Evaluate and continuously improve approaches, systems, and engagement.
- Sustain the school initiatives through policy that solidifies collaborative working relationships.
Please feel free to come visit Burton Independent School District and thank you in advance for taking time to find out more about our schools, our professional staff, our exemplary students, and our excellent academic programs. Burton Schools are a perfect place to get an education that will prepare your child for a bright future.
There is a tremendous amount of community support that goes into the success of our programs in Burton ISD. We appreciate everyone who helps make a positive impact on our schools. All of us working cooperatively make Burton ISD better together. So very proud to be a BURTON PANTHER! Lots of great things going on this school year. Follow all of our activities on the Burton ISD website @www.burtonisd.net, check out the Burton ISD app, and keep up with the latest happenings on the Burton ISD Facebook page and other social media venues.
The pride of the Burton Panthers is embedded in all of us whether we are a student, an alumni, a community member, a staff member and employee, a parent, board member and/or a proud supporter and in many cases all of the above. We love our Panthers and like to think that the culture we are providing in educating our students is a reason why parents want their children to attend Burton ISD. We value our school district and always put students first. In the 2022-2023 school year, Learning is Our Superpower as we are Building Our Future!!! Have a blessed day and enjoy the HOLIDAY BREAK! GO BIG RED!