Burton Elementary School will conduct registration for all new students enrolling in PK– 6th grade for the 2022-2023 school year on April 19th-22nd from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Burton Elementary Office.
Evening Registration April 20th– 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To be eligible for Kindergarten, a student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2022.
To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten , a student must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2022. and must meet one of the following:
1. Economically disadvantaged—Students qualifying for free or reduced lunch. Families must meet the federal income eligibility guideline. Income information on all household members must be provided at the time of preregistration.
2. Limited English Proficiency—Student qualifying will be tested on the day of registration to determine placement. This child must be present at the time of registration.
3. Parent Active Duty Military—The child of a parent that is an active duty member of the armed forces of the US; or the child of a member of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving in active duty. Department of Defense identification and a Statement of Service from the
Adjutant General/Director of Human Resources or an official letter from a commander that he/she is active/mobilized must be provided at time of registration.
4. Homeless– Students qualifying as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
5. Foster Care—a child in or has been in conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201. Appropriate documentation form the Department of Family and Protective serviced must be provided at the time of registration.
6. Star of Texas Award—The child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer.
Burton ISD will offer a tuition based program for students who do not meet one of the above qualifications.
Parents must bring all items listed below to the registration site at the time of enrollment.
1. Child’s Birth Certificate
2. Child’s Immunization Record
3. Child’s Social Security Card
4. Proof of residency (Gas, Water or Electric Bill, mortgage/lease agreement in parents' name is required) Cell phone and cable bills are not acceptable
5. Parent’s Photo ID
6. Proof of income (for students trying to qualify for PK under economically disadvantaged)
7. Proof of active duty military or documentation for a parent who was killed or injured while on active duty. (for students trying to qualify for PK under Parent Active Duty)
8. Student must be present if qualifying by language (for PK students only)